This may be the fastest soup I’ve ever made. I was looking for something quick, warm and comforting, but still gluten-free and paleo-friendly. I put together a few ingredients I had in the pantry, blended everything until it was velvety smooth and brought it to a quick simmer. The result was an almost instant paleo tomato soup with intense tomato flavor and a hint of heat and garlic.
I used canned tomatoes since fresh tomatoes are out of season (and I didn’t have any in the house). This soup is really all about the tomatoes, so it’s important to use the best quality tomatoes available. For canned I always go with organic tomatoes. I like Muir Glen Organic and they always have them at my local grocery store. See the Cook’s Illustrated canned tomato taste test here for a review of the major brands.
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix or blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour soup into saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavors.