These 5-ingredient almond butter chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free.
I love a simple cookie. This easy one bowl, 5-ingredient chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect when you need a quick dessert. I usually make the giant cookies, so they are in the oven in just a few minutes. And they disappear just as quickly.
These almond butter chocolate chip cookies have become a favorite at my house. They are so quick and easy—and they are sure to satisfy your cookie craving. This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I’ve tried these cookies with several different brands of almond butter, and it really does make a difference in how the cookies turn out. My favorite is Trader Joe’s Crunchy Almond Butter (the salted version). This recipe uses the whole jar, so no measuring is required.
The crunchy almond butter adds chopped nuts without having to chop them. And it’s salty enough that you don’t need to add salt to the cookies.
To make it even easier, stir the jar with a nut butter mixer. This little gadget is my new favorite kitchen tool. It screws onto the top of the jar and mixes the oil back into the almond butter without splashing.
More easy cookies and brownies
- Easy Paleo Brownies (made with almond butter)
- One Bowl Coconut Flour Brownies (nut free)
- Paleo Hazelnut Cookies (egg free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, coconut sugar and baking soda in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in almond butter, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets and flatten cookies.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until edges start to brown.