It’s cold and snowy today — a perfect day for this warming chocolate treat. Drinking chocolate is made from melted chocolate. It’s richer and thicker than hot cocoa. And remembering that rich dark chocolate taste was enough to convince me that I needed to come up with a paleo-friendly version. For this easy drinking chocolate recipe, I added a hint of cinnamon. It’s wonderful with the dark chocolate, coconut milk, and vanilla.
It only takes a few minutes to make this drinking chocolate. You can heat the coconut milk on the stove top, but I use a large Pyrex measuring cup and heat it in the microwave. Once the coconut milk is hot, all you have to do is whisk in the chopped chocolate and the rest of ingredients.
This dairy-free drinking chocolate is so dark and rich, a little bit goes a long way. Serve it in small mugs or espresso cups.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 ounces 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons honey, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat coconut milk on stove top or in microwave.
- Whisk in chopped chocolate until melted. Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Serve in small cups.