I made these paleo banana blackberry muffins this morning to use up some leftover fruit. I had some huge fresh blackberries and one lonely overripe banana that looked like it wouldn’t last another day. I thought blackberry and banana would be a great combination with coconut.
One of the things I like about baking with coconut flour is throwing everything in the blender. You can certainly use the “mix the wet and dry ingredients separately” method, but I like to skip a step whenever possible. And that’s exactly what I did with this recipe. It blends in a few seconds and is easy to pour into the muffin cups. I added the blackberries just before baking — they were the perfect size to put one in the middle of each muffin.
The blackberry and banana flavor combination really delivers. I will definitely be making these paleo banana blackberry muffins again.
- 4 eggs
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 large blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except blackberries to Vitamix or blender and blend until well combined. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Place one large blackberry standing up in the center of each muffin.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.