I was thinking about German chocolate cake when I came up with this pecan chocolate chip coconut granola recipe. Toasted pecans, coconut flakes, and honey play with the flavors of the coconut pecan frosting. And semi-sweet chips add a hint of chocolate to the mix. The combination of crunchy, chewy, salty, and sweet is slightly addictive.
Pecan chocolate chip coconut granola is the perfect grab-and-go snack when you’re looking for something a little bit sweet, that’s also gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free. Make it at the beginning of the week and store it in single-serve containers to grab on your way out the door. Or if you’re craving a savory snack, check out this paleo snack mix recipe.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup gluten-free, dairy-free, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine pecans, coconut, almonds, and salt in large bowl. Combine coconut oil and honey in a small bowl, then stir into nut mixture until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 15 - 20 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Cool completely, then stir in chocolate chips.