If you're cleaning out your old toxic makeup, the Flawless in Five easy 5-minute face lets you get out the door quickly in the morning – without harmful ingredients!
Did you know that there are harmful ingredients hiding in popular makeup brands?
Things like heavy metals, carcinogens, formaldehyde, and other toxic chemicals have been found in the products we use every day – including lipstick, mascara, foundation, and blush (read more here).
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
That's why it's so important to know what's in your makeup – and to choose safer products. I feel safe using Beautycounter makeup because all of their products are made without any of the 1,800+ harmful chemicals on their “Never List”. And they disclose every single ingredient so you know exactly what is in each product.
(See everything I use here.)
How to makeover your makeup bag
The easiest way to get started with clean makeup is Beautycounter's Flawless in Five customizable makeup kit. It's six products you can use for a 5-minute face to look polished every day:
- Foundation or tinted moisturizer with SPF
- Brow pencil or brow gel
- Lengthening or volumizing mascara
- Powder blush
- Lip gloss
Buying them as a set saves you 20% off the individual products. And you get to choose the perfect products and colors for your skin!
How to do a Flawless in Five Minute Face
Here's a Beautycounter video showing a professional makeup artist tutorial on using Flawless in Five to do an easy five minute face.
Here are the products used in this Flawless in Five look:
- Brow Pencil
- Lip Gloss
How to choose your Flawless in Five products
It's really simple to go through the selector and find your perfect products! Just click here to get started, then follow along and answer each of the questions to find your perfect 5-minute face.
- Select your coverage type
- If you like foundation, choose the NEW Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation. It has a buildable coverage with hyaluronic acid for a natural-looking finish with skincare benefits. There are 18 shades from fair to deep (find your shade here).
- If you prefer a tinted moisturizer, choose the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer. It has a sheer dewy finish with SPF. This is my everyday natural look. If I want more coverage, I'll use it as a primer and layer the Skin Twin on top.
- After you choose your coverage, you'll have the option to choose your color. The shades are very forgiving, so it's easy to match your skin tone. Just choose the shade closest to your coloring. For reference, my shades are Tan 420 in the Skin Twin Foundation and #3 in the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer.
- Choose your Touchup Skin Concealer Pen
- For concealer, choose a shade close to your skin tone for covering blemishes, or go a shade lighter to brighten under the eyes.
- The color picker recommends the color that matches your foundation or tinted moisturizer, but you can change it to a lighter shade if you prefer.
- Choose your brow product
- If you prefer a brow pencil, choose the Color Define Brow Pencil
- If you prefer a brow gel, choose the Brilliant Brow Gel. I'm obsessed with the brow gel! I have the shade Dark, but could wear medium or clear as well.
- Once you select your product, choose your shade. The recommended color (based on your previous choices) is highlighted with a heart, but you can choose any shade you like for a more natural or more dramatic brow.
- Choose your mascara
- For volume, choose the Volumizing Mascara. I prefer the Volumizing formula and the fuller brush.
- For length, choose the Lengthening Mascara.
- Choose your Satin Powder Blush
- Choose from seven blush colors. I have Necter (similar to Nars Orgasm) and Date, which is a warm terracotta.
- Choose your Lip Gloss
- Choose from 12 lip gloss colors. I have Rosewood (my current favorite), Dahlia and Bare Shimmer.
Pro tip: Add Band of Beauty membership to your cart and also get a free gift, free shipping and $15 back in product credit for your next purchase!
If you have any questions about which products or colors to choose, just fill out this questionnaire. I'm happy to help!
P.S. Don't miss the Flawless in Five wizard that walks you through all the product and shade selections for your skin tone here.