This Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites recipe is a guest post from Louise at PaleoMagazine.com. It's gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free --- a perfect paleo treat to add to any holiday party.
Here’s Louise with the recipe from her just released Essential Paleo Cookbook:
You probably know this, but some recipes take many tries to get right. This is one of those recipes.
We had to make it probably 10 times before we were satisfied with it, but once we did, we were very pleased.
Luckily for you, now that we’ve gotten it right, it will work every time. (And your kids will love this one.)
Beware - the pictures of this recipe are good, but they really don’t do it justice. These delicious little balls are so good and perfect to take almost anywhere (party, gathering, or just with you to work).
For the pretzel bites
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Place all the pretzel bites ingredients (eggs, almond flour, ghee, coconut flour, and honey) into a bowl and mix well (with your hands) until it forms a dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll into pretzel bites (small balls) and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Take the pretzels out and heat oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Turn each pretzel bite over, place back in oven, and bake for 4-5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the cinnamon and the coconut sugar.
- Remove pretzel bites from oven, let cool, and dip each into the melted ghee and then into the cinnamon and coconut sugar mix.
- For a less sweet option, brush the top of each pretzel bite with ghee and sprinkle the cinnamon and coconut sugar mix over them.
Louise Hendon is the co-founder of PaleoMagazine.com and author of the Essential Paleo Cookbook. Apart from cooking a little too often, she really loves hiking and playing with her Shih Tzu named Karma.