Need chicken soup in a hurry? Try this easy chicken soup recipe made with rotisserie chicken. It's a great quick alternative to slow cooked chicken soup.
Here's a super-fast chicken soup recipe. What makes it so quick is using pre-cooked chicken and a few other shortcuts. You can make this soup with a rotisserie chicken—or a chicken you've roasted in the oven or cooked in the crock pot.
If you use a rotisserie chicken, get a plain one. The ingredient list for seasoned chickens is pretty scary. Even better if you can find an organic or kosher rotisserie chicken—the ingredients are usually just chicken and salt. This post includes affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure here.
Another secret to this speedy chicken soup is cooking as you chop the ingredients. As soon as you've got the onions chopped, start sautéing them so they have time to caramelize and develop that slow cooked flavor. (I like to use my big Dutch oven.)
While the onions are cooking, chop the carrots. Be sure to cut them into small pieces so they will cook all the way through. Add the carrots to the pot so they can start cooking while you chop the green pepper. Then add the green pepper to the pot to cook while you prep the chicken.
You can use homemade chicken stock or a good pre-made stock. I usually try to keep some homemade stock in the freezer—and a few boxes of stock in the pantry for those days when I run out.
This soup is so simple, you can stop at the grocery store on the way home from work and pick up a rotisserie chicken, a box of stock, and some vegetables to make soup for dinner. Start to finish this chicken soup recipe takes just 30 minutes. Perfect when you need an easy chicken soup in a hurry.
More easy soup recipes
Quick Rotisserie Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chop onion. Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Dice carrots, add to pot and stir.
- Dice green pepper, add to pot and stir.
- Add herbes de Provence and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken stock, bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Remove meat from chicken and shred or chop into bite size pieces. Add to soup and simmer on low for 10 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
Easy Soup Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken Soup
- Easy Paleo Broccoli Soup
- 10-Minute Paleo Tomato Soup
- Paleo Creamy Chicken Mushroom Roasted Cauliflower Soup