Try these paleo hazelnut cookies when you need a quick and easy gluten-free cookie recipe. With just a few ingredients, these cookies are perfect for dessert, a snack—or even for breakfast!
These simple paleo hazelnut cookies are one of the first cookies I made when I went grain-free. I experimented with a lot of different flours, and the combination of hazelnut flour (finely ground blanched hazelnuts) and almond flour was perfect for these cookies. They are nutty, chewy and not-too-sweet — perfect with a dairy-free hot chocolate or coffee.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, read my disclosure here.
Easy Paleo Hazelnut Cookies
These cookies are quick and easy to put together and use just seven ingredients. Here's what you'll need to make them:
- Blanched hazelnut flour - Be sure to use blanched hazelnut flour that is very finely ground like this one.
- Blanched almond flour - The same goes for almond flour, the finer it is ground the better your baked goods will turn out. I always use this one.
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
One of the things that makes these cookies so quick and easy is you just stir the ingredients together until a dough forms. There's no need to use a mixer or food processor.
The recipe makes just enough to fill one large cookie sheet. You can place them close together since, unlike traditional cookies, they don't spread when baked.
Use a tablespoon-size cookie scoop to make the cookies and flatten them with a small piece of parchment paper. This way you can fit all two dozen cookies onto one 13 x 18-inch baking sheet. And double up the baking sheets to insulate the bottom of the cookies, so they don't get too brown.
To dress the cookies up, you can always add jam thumbprints or dip them in chocolate. I've even been known to make s'mores with them in the summer.
But most of all, I like these paleo hazelnut cookies plain, for breakfast---they're perfect with a pumpkin spice latte!
More paleo dessert recipes
Paleo Hazelnut Cookies
or even for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in small. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until a thick dough is formed.
- Use a small cookie scoop, scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a small piece of parchment to flatten cookies to ¼ inch thick.
- Bake until just starting to brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
More easy cookie recipes
- 15 Delicious Keto Cookies To Bake Right Now
- 12 Easy Paleo Christmas Cookies to Make Your Holidays Merry
- 11 Easy Christmas Cookies That Are Vegan and Paleo
- Paleo Pecan Sandies Cookie Recipe
- Easy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies