Roasted Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables, and roasting them with bacon and honey mustard puts them over the top. Bacon roasted Brussels sprouts with honey mustard are smoky, sweet and delicious.
This recipe is based on a couple of ingredients sent to me by Karen over at Living Low Carb, One Day at a Time. I was paired with Karen for this month’s Paleo Pen Pals, the great Paleo Foodie Swap created by Tarah from What I Gather and Brittanie from Three Diets One Dinner.
Karen sent me whole grain mustard and coconut aminos. I love mustard and was excited to try the new one Karen sent me. I have used coconut aminos before, but only in Asian dishes. Coconut aminos are a substitute for soy sauce, but a little bit sweeter. I decided to do something different this time and pair the coconut aminos with something that would work with the salty sweetness. Bacon roasted Brussels sprouts with honey mustard sauce were perfect.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Place on rimmed baking sheet and toss with garlic oil. Dice the bacon and sprinkle over sprouts.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the sprouts are browned and the bacon is crisp. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.