This is my favorite quick and easy pie crust recipe. With just three ingredients, this simple pie crust is gluten-free, grain-free and paleo. And with no added sweeteners, it works with either sweet or savory recipes.
What I like about this pie crust is that there is no rolling involved. This crust is more like a crumb crust than a traditional pie crust. Just mix the almond flour with melted ghee, and press it into the pie plate in an even layer. Make sure the top edges are the same thickness as the rest of the crust so they don’t brown too quickly. Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes if you’re using a baked filling. If you’re not baking the filling, bake the crust until it’s lightly browned.
Fill this easy gluten-free pie crust with your favorite filling. I’m making a chocolate walnut pie with it today.
- 175 grams almond flour (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons organic ghee, melted and cooled
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- To form crust, press mixture firmly onto bottom and sides of 9- inch pie pan in even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust starts to brown.