For an easy weeknight dinner serve this crock pot turkey Bolognese sauce with zucchini noodles. Bonus—you can use this paleo and Whole30 spaghetti sauce for so many recipes!
This healthy take on slow cooker Bolognese sauce couldn't be easier. Just dump everything in the crock pot in the morning. And spiralize the zucchini noodles when you get home.
This is one of the best recipes for ground turkey in crock pot! It's perfect for meal prep and freezes well so you can use it for multiple meals. Either way, it's an easy slow cooker dinner to make this week.
Easy crock pot Bolognese sauce
What makes this ground turkey crock pot recipe so easy is not browning the meat first. The turkey goes in the slow cooker raw.
The key to getting the right texture is leaving the ground turkey in chunks while it cooks. Just cover it with the sauce—don't mix it in completely (I learned this the hard way). When you break it up after it cooks, it creates a texture more like traditional meat sauce.
The rest of the sauce ingredients are healthy pantry staples that I always keep in the kitchen. They all go into the slow cooker with no pre-cooking, making this dinner quick and easy to throw together in the morning before work.
Homemade herbes de Provence is a simple swap for the Italian herb seasoning in this recipe. The blend of Mediterranean herbs works in this dish (as long as there is no lavender in it). But you can use any Italian herb blend you like.
I also love this turkey Bolognese over spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot or roasted whole in the oven. It gives it a little bit of extra sweetness. Try it over your favorite pasta substitute. Or use this easy paleo spaghetti sauce in recipes that call for meat sauce.
How to make slow cooker turkey bolognese
Crock Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce
For zucchini noodles
- 3 - 6 medium zucchini
To make sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients except turkey to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut ground turkey into cubes, add to slow cooker, and cover with sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the sauce is done, use a potato masher to break up the ground turkey into small chunks.
To make zucchini noodles
- Spiralize zucchini (½ - 1 medium zucchini per serving).
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook zucchini until warmed through but still firm, about 3 minutes.
More easy crock pot recipes
Looking for more healthy slow cooker recipes? Check out these paleo recipes for more easy meal ideas.
- Crock Pot Butternut Squash
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- Crock Pot Chili (Paleo, Whole30)
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Soup