With just a few ingredients, this easy paleo crock pot chicken soup recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free.
This is comfort food, pure and simple. I've been fighting a winter cold, and this paleo crock pot chicken soup is just about the only thing I've cooked this week. With only a few ingredients—chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and herbs—this soup is a warm, satisfying meal.
Easy crock pot chicken soup
One of the things I love about this simple soup is that it is so quick and easy to put together. Just add everything to the crock pot and walk away. The slow cooker does all the work—it's perfect when you don't have the time (or the energy) to do anything else.
Using chicken thighs and chicken breasts with the bone in provide nourishing gelatin to the broth during the slow cooking. You can see this when the leftovers thicken up in the refrigerator. That's the magic of this simple slow cooker chicken soup.
This soup is chock full of chicken, and has a light broth. If you wanted a richer broth, you could always substitute chicken stock for some of the water. And if you want to dress it up, serve it over cauliflower rice for an easy chicken and rice soup. Or add spiralized zucchini for a chicken noodle soup version. Either way, this paleo crock pot chicken soup is a great winter meal.
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure for more info.
So try this slow cooker chicken soup for an easy comforting meal (or an old-school cold remedy). I had it for breakfast this morning with a paleo biscuit and my favorite mint tea. Whenever you need a hug in a bowl, this soup will warm your heart and soul.
And for more healthy slow cooker recipes, check out these 30 paleo crock pot recipes.
How to make paleo crock pot chicken soup
Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence or several sprigs fresh herbs
- 2 organic chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 2 organic chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- Layer all ingredients in crock pot in order listed, making sure chicken is bone side down on top of vegetables. Add enough water to cover vegetables and come half way up chicken, between 3 and 4 cups.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Remove skin and bones. Shred chicken meat and add back to soup in crock pot. Adjust seasonings, reheat, and serve.