The easiest and best cauliflower mash recipe is garlic mashed cauliflower with truffle oil. You won't believe how quick and easy it is to make with frozen cauliflower. Best of all it's a low carb, keto, paleo and Whole30 side dish that tastes like comfort food!
There are many paleo mashed cauliflower recipes out there, but I think this version with truffle oil and garlic is the best. The truffle oil adds an earthy richness and depth of flavor to the mashed cauliflower.
You won't miss the cream and cheese that's in a lot of mock mashed potato recipes. This is a quick and easy weeknight dish using just a few pantry ingredients.
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Truffle mashed cauliflower
Truffle is the key to adding rich flavor to this cauliflower mash. Truffles are fungi like mushrooms, but they grow underground and are shaped like rocks. White truffles are the rarest and generally come from Italy.
While you can use truffle salt for flavor, the white truffle oil—olive oil infused with truffles—adds richness as well. Be sure to look for one that's all-natural (like this one) with no chemicals used.
I'm not usually a fan of frozen vegetables, but in a recipe like this where the final dish is pureed in the food processor, you really can't tell the difference between fresh and frozen cauliflower. Just make sure you get a good quality brand and that the only ingredient is cauliflower—no additives.
Pro tip: Always keep a couple of bags of frozen cauliflower in the freezer so you can whip up a batch of mashed cauliflower any time you need a quick side dish.
The frozen cauliflower goes straight into the pot with the garlic and chicken stock (no need to thaw it first). Cooking it in the stock helps infuse more flavor.
Once it's cooked, all it takes is a quick puree in the food processor with the truffle oil and you can have the mashed cauliflower on the table in 10 minutes.
More cauliflower recipes to try
- Crock Pot Cauliflower Chicken Chili
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Hummus (No Beans!)
- Easy Cauliflower Celeriac Soup with Bacon
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Celery Root Mash
MASHED CAULIFLOWER WITH GARLIC AND TRUFFLE OIL
- Add frozen cauliflower, garlic, and chicken stock to a saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Strain cauliflower and garlic and add to a food processor with ghee and white truffle oil. Pulse to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.