Easy grilled chicken with Italian dressing marinade is quick enough for a weeknight dinner. This classic Italian dressing grilled chicken recipe is a family favorite that just happens to be gluten-free and dairy-free.
This is a super easy, old school grilled chicken recipe. I remember having it as a kid using salad dressing out of a bottle for the Italian dressing chicken marinade.
This easy recipe uses my super simple Italian dressing recipe as a marinade for a quick weeknight grilled chicken dinner. You can even use it for a simple baked chicken dish.
This post includes affiliate links. For more info, read my full disclosure here.
Italian dressing chicken
The major flavor booster in this recipe is the Italian dressing. While you could use a bottle of Italian dressing (like this one that's keto and Whole30 approved), homemade dressing is so quick and easy---and the fresh ingredients give it even more flavor. If you like to meal prep, this simple vinaigrette with Italian seasonings is perfect to make ahead.
Generally, I'm a fan of using bone-in chicken. But for quick cooking, boneless is the way to go. The key to keeping it moist is not overcooking it. Boneless chicken breasts can go from tender and juicy to dry and tough in a matter of minutes.
The best way to make sure you have perfectly cooked chicken is to use an instant-read meat thermometer. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches the safe internal temperature of 165 degrees. Pull it off the grill as soon as it reaches 165---if you cook it any longer it will be overdone.
Serve this chicken with cucumber tomato salad for an easy summer meal. Or bake it in the oven and serve it with grilled romaine and roasted root vegetables in the fall. Leftovers are great on a chicken salad for lunch---just use the leftover dressing to dress the salad and add whatever fresh vegetables you have in the fridge.
Italian dressing grilled chicken is also great for meal prep. Grill up enough chicken for lunches during the week. Add some grilled vegetables and cauliflower rice and you've got ready-to-eat meals for those days you don't have time to cook!
More easy grilled chicken recipes
- Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
- Crispy Smoked Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken with Avocado Mango Salsa
- 101 Paleo Grilling Recipes
Easy Italian Dressing Grilled Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow glass bowl and cover with Italian dressing. Turn chicken to coat and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
To cook on the grill
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill chicken 3-5 minutes per side, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
To bake in the oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.