These paleo apple muffins are so quick and easy to put together and so good! Bake them on the weekend and freeze for grab-and-go breakfasts during the week. They're gluten-free and grain-free with a dairy-free option.
Paleo apple muffins are a great treat for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. And because they're not too sweet and have a hint of cinnamon, they make a perfect base for your favorite toppings. I love them warm out of the oven with a little ghee, a drizzle of honey, and a hot mug of cappuccino.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and recommend (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission).
The secret to easy apple muffins
The secret to this paleo apple muffin recipe is getting the apple pieces small enough to cook through by the time the muffins are done. You can use a food processor or mini chopper, but I find using a grater is the fastest way to do this. Just peel the apple and grate it until you get to the core—super easy!
These paleo apple muffins are made with almond flour. The almond flour makes a nice thick muffin batter so the apple pieces stay suspended in the muffins and don't fall to the bottom. So you get little pieces of apple goodness in every bite.
I use very finely ground almond flour in this apple cinnamon muffin recipe. I find this type of almond flour gives the muffins a better texture and works better than almond meal in this recipe.
These apple muffins are quick and easy to put together on a weekend morning. You can bake them for breakfast and put any leftover muffins in the freezer for grab-and-go breakfasts during the week.
How to make paleo apple muffins
These apple muffins are so quick and easy to put together. You can bake them on the weekend and freeze for grab-and-go breakfasts during the week.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss grated apple with lemon juice in medium bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients and combine. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
For dairy free: use coconut oil in place of ghee
More easy paleo muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe (with Video)
- Lemon Poppy Paleo Muffin Recipe
- Carrot Pineapple Paleo Muffin Recipe
- 10 Easy Paleo Muffins You Can Make This Weekend
What's your all-time favorite muffin flavor? Let me know in the comment below!