Transitioning to a paleo-friendly diet can be intimidating. You may wind up buying new ingredients that you have never even heard of before, let alone used --- some of which can be pretty darn expensive. Enter Kelly Bejelly’s amazing new cookbook, Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You. Paleo Eats is more than your average paleo diet cookbook. Kelly knows firsthand how tough going paleo can seem at first, especially when bringing your family along.
To help you navigate these waters and smoothly transition your family to this diet, Kelly has included a few special sections in Paleo Eats, including how to go paleo without breaking the bank, find the freshest, “cleanest” veggies, work with new-to-you paleo ingredients, and recreate your own family-favorite recipes.
Paleo Eats gives you some of your old favorite comfort foods reborn as paleo. Dishes like Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Southern Fried Chicken, Lamb Gyro Burgers, Cherry Toaster Pastries, Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls --- and the easy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe shared below.
Paleo Eats Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds to break them up. Add the almond flour, coconut, egg, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and pulse for 1 minute to combine.
- With a spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Shape a large spoonful into a 2-inch ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. With a cup, flatten the ball to ½ inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.
***Giveaway ended on January 5th***
To celebrate the release of Paleo Eats
Kelly is giving away $500 worth of paleo cookbooks!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosures: Giveaway ends January 5th at 9:00 PM PST. Open to Legal Residents (18 years of age or older) of the US only. Prizes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. Winner will be selected by Random.org and be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. No Purchase is necessary to enter to win.
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You by Kelly Bejelly (Victory Belt Publishing Inc.). I received a complimentary review copy of this book.