Try this easy paleo antipasto salad recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. Start to finish it takes just a few minutes—including the simple homemade Italian dressing.
This is one of my favorite no-cook weeknight meals. A little slicing and a quick shake of the dressing ingredients, and dinner is ready. Antipasto salad is hearty and full of flavor—perfect when you don't want to turn on the stove.
What is antipasto salad? This salad has all of the flavors of traditional antipasto—Italian meats and marinated vegetables—on a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce all tossed with a flavorful antipasto salad dressing.
Antipasto salad ingredients
I like to use prosciutto and salami or pepperoni. And at least three different vegetables. Just be sure to read the labels and look for meats that have clean ingredients. I found a prosciutto with just pork and salt, and a pepperoni with just a few ingredients.
Look for authentic Proscuitto di Parma with the five-pointed crown logo—it's made with no additives or preservatives, just sea salt, air and time. Check the labels for your vegetables as well. The artichokes, peppers, and olives should be packed in olive oil or vinegar with no additives.
This low carb antipasto salad is very flexible. Use your favorite marinated vegetables and Italian meats to make this quick and easy gluten-free recipe. To keep it paleo and dairy-free, I leave out the cheese. There is so much flavor in the rest of the ingredients you don't miss it!
This Italian antipasto salad is a real crowd pleaser. It works on a buffet, as a dish to pass, or as an appetizer. You can put even stack a piece of meat, a few vegetables and a wedge of lettuce on a cocktail skewer to make an easy-to-eat hors d'oeuvre for a party. Serve the antipasto dressing alongside as a dip, or drizzle it over the skewers.
This easy antipasto salad is so versatile you'll want to keep the ingredients on hand so you can whip it up any time.
How to make antipasto salad
Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 1 large head or 2 hearts romaine chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto cut in strips
- 4 ounces salami or pepperoni cubed
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts sliced
- 1/2 cup olives mix of black and green
- 1/2 cup hot or sweet peppers pickled or roasted
- Italian dressing to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with Italian dressing.
More easy paleo salad recipes
- Avocado Tuna Salad (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- Easy Avocado Caprese Salad (Dairy Free)
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon (Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
- Shrimp, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
- BLT Salad with Chipotle Dressing
- Chicken, Spinach, and Strawberry Salad