Love chocolate? Try these gluten-free chocolate chip muffins made with almond flour for a healthy treat.
Here's a chocolate treat everyone loves — chocolate chip muffin! Serve them warm out of the oven while the chocolate chips are still gooey. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even a simple dessert.
They're quick and easy to make, and they're gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Here's what you'll need
This muffin recipe uses gluten-free almond flour to make a delicious and healthy version of the bakery favorite. If you're not familiar with baking with almond flour, here's a quick and easy way to measure it for the best results.
Always be sure to use super-fine blanched almond flour (I like this one) to get the right texture. This type of almond flour makes the best muffins and baked goods.
You have several options for gluten-free chocolate chips:
- Stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips (sugar-free, keto-friendly)
- Sugar-free chocolate chips sweetened with monk fruit (these are also keto-friendly)
- 85% dark chocolate chips (low sugar)
- Paleo chocolate chunks (sweetened with coconut sugar)
- Semi-sweet chocolate mini chips (allergy-friendly)
Coconut oil replaces the standard butter in the recipe making them dairy-free. The rest of the ingredients include eggs, honey, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and salt.
How to make them
This recipe uses the traditional muffin method for making the batter:
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients to make the batter, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop and bake!
The muffins are ready to go in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
Bake some now, and freeze some for the next time you need a chocolate treat. Then just put them in a cold oven and set it to low to thaw and reheat. There's nothing like warm chocolate chip muffins.
More easy gluten-free muffin recipes to try
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Easy Apple Muffins
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Carrot Pineapple Muffins
- Strawberry Muffin Recipe
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, the stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.