These crispy smoked chicken wings are so simple. Smoking chicken wings adds so much flavor and can be done in a smoker or on your grill. And finishing them on the grill makes them extra crispy!
You won't believe how good these simple chicken wings are. The flavor comes from the smoke and the crispiness comes from the grill.
The smokiness infuses through the crispy skin and the meat, and the wings stay juicy inside. It's a little bit of a process, but the results are well worth it.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
How to smoke chicken wings
The chicken wings don't really need any preparation before they go in the smoker. Just place them on the smoking rack in a single layer. Make sure they are not touching so the smoke can circulate all the way around them. You can add a dry rub if you like, but that's purely optional (be sure to use a dry rub with no sugar in it so it doesn't burn).
We smoke the chicken wings in our electric smoker. The wings smoke for about an hour, just until they get that golden brown smoky color and the skin is shiny. Don't smoke them beyond this point or they will start to dry out. Then just put them on the grill over medium heat for a few minutes to crisp up and cook through before serving.
Serve the wings with lime wedges and some fresh cilantro or parsley. These crispy smoked chicken wings are great on their own, or with your favorite Asian dipping sauce.
More simple smoked or grilled recipes
- Easy Smoked Shrimp Recipe
- Smoked Maple Butternut Squash
- Roasted Garlic on the Grill
- Easy Grilled Romaine Salad With Bacon And Ranch Dressing
Crispy Smoked Chicken Wings
- 1 dozen large chicken wings or as many as you can fit in a single layer on your smoking rack
- dipping sauce of choice
- Place chicken wings on smoker rack in a single layer and smoke until skin is golden brown and shiny, about 1 hour. Turn the wings once halfway through smoking.
- Grill wings over medium heat until crisp and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.