This paleo stuffing recipe is grain-free but full of traditional Thanksgiving stuffing holiday flavors. A gluten-free stuffing that's a paleo spin on traditional cornbread dressing.
Think you have to give up Thanksgiving stuffing if you're eating paleo or keto? Not anymore! You can have all the goodness of traditional stuffing in a low carb paleo stuffing that everyone will love.
How to make paleo stuffing
This paleo stuffing is based on the traditional cornbread dressing I've made for years. The hint of sweetness and spice with the vegetables, herbs, and pecans is a family favorite. It's not Thanksgiving at my house unless we have cornbread dressing. This version uses my gluten-free, grain-free (no corn) paleo cornbread recipe.
I always cook the stuffing in a casserole dish, which technically makes it a dressing. But I find it so much easier to assemble the dressing after I put the turkey in the oven. This really speeds up the prep time on Thanksgiving Day.
While the stuffing recipe is not difficult, it is a little bit time-consuming because you have to bake the cornbread first. I bake the cornbread the day before and let it sit out overnight to dry out. Getting this done ahead of time makes it so much easier.
Enlisting help chopping the vegetables also makes the prep quicker. And holidays are all about spending time with family and friends, hanging out in the kitchen. Once you have all the ingredients prepped, the paleo stuffing is easy to put together. Watch the video below to see how to make the paleo stuffing.
Serve this gluten-free stuffing with easy paleo gravy and a side of paleo cranberry sauce for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. For a full paleo Thanksgiving menu, here's every recipe you need for an easy paleo Thanksgiving!
This post contains some affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure here.
And for a keto version of this cornbread stuffing, be sure to use a keto cornbread recipe. I love this coconut flour version from Cassidy's Craveable Creations. Cassidy also has amazing keto sandwich bread and buns that are perfect for leftover turkey sandwiches in her Keto Breads cookbook.
Paleo stuffing recipe video
Paleo Cornbread Stuffing
- 8 cups paleo cornbread cubed
- 1/4 cup organic ghee
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread cubed corn bread on baking sheet and toast 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Melt ghee in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, celery, green pepper, and green onion until soft.
- Combine cornbread, cooked vegetable mixture, pecans, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, and thyme in large bowl.
- Fold eggs into cornbread mixture. Add chicken stock, a little at a time until cornbread is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Place stuffing in greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.