Grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto is a perfect appetizer or side for asparagus lovers. Cook it on the grill in just a few minutes. It's super easy---and it's gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo!
Grilled asparagus with prosciutto is an easy appetizer. It's the perfect thing to make when you're grilling the main course. You can put this on the grill first, and have a tasty snack while you're waiting for the rest of dinner to cook.
Start with fresh crisp asparagus. Use the snapping trick to see where to trim it. Just bend one asparagus spear until it snaps---that's where you trim off the tough ends.
The most difficult thing about this appetizer is wrapping the prosciutto around the asparagus. I like to cut the prosciutto slices in half while they're still on the paper. Then starting below the tip, wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus while peeling it off of the paper. It may take wrapping a few spears to get the hang of it, but once you do, it goes very quickly.
As always, be sure to use a paleo-friendly prosciutto. Prosciutto di Parma from Italy is made with just pork, sea salt, Italian air, and time. Look for the Parma crown seal that signifies your prosciutto is made by authorized producers in Parma using the traditional method with no additives.
A few minutes on the grill, and you're ready to snack on some delicious prosciutto-wrapped grilled asparagus. Add some chili-spiced nuts for another quick appetizer.
Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto
- 12 asparagus spears
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise and wrap one half around each spear of asparagus.
- Grill wrapped asparagus spears until prosciutto starts to brown and asparagus is just done, about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not overcook asparagus.
More Easy Asparagus Recipes
- Roasted Asparagus Avocado Soup
- Roasted Asparagus with Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- Mustard Crusted Salmon with Roasted Asparagus