These chili spiced mixed nuts are a perfect blend of spicy, smoky, and sweet.
These chili spiced mixed nuts are hard to resist. Once you start snacking on them you keep going back to the jar. The comment from my taster was "you didn't make enough."
This recipe highlights one of my favorite spices — smoked paprika. Blended with cumin and cayenne pepper, the smoked paprika gives the rich and spicy traditional chili flavor to these crispy, crunchy nuts. They are hard to resist.
The recipe is for three cups of nuts. I used equal parts of walnuts, pecans and almonds (mostly because that's what I had in the pantry). The walnuts and pecans work really well because they have lots of nooks and crannies to hold the honey and spices.
Cashews could easily substitute for the almonds and would be great with the chili spices. And I would recommend doubling the recipe. These chili spiced mixed nuts disappear quickly.
More easy snacks
- Easy Snack Mix (Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- Cranberry Walnut Granola
- Blueberry Pecan Granola
- Cherry Almond Granola
- Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola
Chili Spiced Mixed Nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except nuts in a large bowl and stir until well mixed. Add nuts and toss until well combined.
- Pour onto rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 15 - 20 minutes until fragrant and just lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.