This lovely roasted asparagus and avocado soup is amazingly creamy and perfect for spring. It's also paleo, keto, Whole30 and gluten-free with dairy-free and vegan options.
This asparagus soup recipe is a quick and easy homemade soup using paleo foods that I always have in the kitchen. Asparagus and avocado are two of my favorites, and they blend perfectly in this roasted asparagus avocado soup---the avocado makes the soup luxuriously silky. Start to finish this avocado soup takes just 20 minutes!
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Creamy asparagus avocado soup recipe
I love avocados and I love asparagus, so it was easy to put them together. This healthy asparagus soup recipe is so quick and easy to make. The asparagus roasts for about 10 minutes in the oven---or you can roast the asparagus in the air fryer if you don't want to turn on the oven!
Then add the roasted asparagus to a Vitamix or high-power blender with the avocado, lemon juice, and stock. This avocado soup contains no cream, milk, or sour cream. Avocado is one of my favorite substitutes for fresh dairy and it works beautifully in this paleo asparagus soup. Blending the avocado into the soup thickens it and makes it smooth and creamy.
The wonderful creaminess of the avocado is accentuated by the brightness of the lemon and the caramelization from the quick-roasted asparagus. The ghee adds a buttery flavor, but you could certainly leave it out or substitute olive oil if you wanted to go completely dairy-free. And you could always use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make this asparagus soup vegan.
This creamy asparagus avocado soup recipe makes me think of spring and is a perfect treat on a late winter day. Try it with a simple chicken salad for a perfect lunch!
More easy soup recipes to try
Looking for more easy soup recipes? You'll also love these:
- Crock Pot Chicken Soup (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- Easy Broccoli Soup (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup
- 10-Minute Paleo Tomato Soup
Roasted Asparagus Avocado Soup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Or preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Toss asparagus with garlic infused olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer asparagus to Vitamix or high-speed blender with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water to thin to desired consistency, if needed, and warm gently over medium heat. Serve immediately.