This healthy popsicle recipe is all fruit and nothing but the fruit. If you're looking for a simple whole fruit frozen treat, try these homemade strawberry peach popsicles. They're perfect for summer and couldn't be easier to make!
Popsicles are what summer memories are made of – the perfect sweet fruity treat to cool you off on hot sunny days. But the typical storebought popsicle includes added sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, flavors or colors.
It's easy to keep your summer ice pops healthy by making them at home. You get to control what goes into them, and for this clean eating version, use just real whole food ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure for more info.
How to make healthy popsicles
These popsicles are so good, and so good for you, because they're made from fresh summer fruits. With the sweetness of perfectly ripe strawberries and peaches, you really don't need to add juice or sugar to them.
With just fruit for the ingredients, it's important to use the best quality you can. For the strawberries, be sure to look for organic berries. Strawberries are #1 on the dirty dozen list of produce with the most pesticide residue. Peaches are also included in the dirty dozen, so choose organic peaches as well.
Getting the pops ready to freeze takes just a few minutes in a high-power blender. You're going to make the fruit puree in two batches. (No need to wash the blender container in between batches.)
Start with blending the strawberries. You can add a little water to the blender if needed to get the blender going.
Pour the strawberry puree into the popsicle molds. (I have this one that has a lid that holds wooden popsicle sticks in place while they freeze.)
Repeat the process for pureeing the peaches and layer the peach puree over the strawberry puree. Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze until solid (at least 4-6 hours but I usually just freeze them overnight).
There are so many flavor variations you can make with this popsicle recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Strawberry Mango – swap the peach puree for mango puree
- Pineapple – you can make an all pineapple version, or just swap out the peach for a strawberry pineapple pop
- Pina colada – just freeze this all fruit pina colada smoothie in your popsicle molds
- Rocket pops – for this red, white & blue version, you'll need three fruit purees. Layer strawberry, pina colada, and blueberry puree for the classic stripes
- Strawberry rosé – for an adult treat, try these strawberry winesicles!
More hot weather treats
Looking to beat the heat? Here are some more deliciously healthy ways to cool off:
- Coffee Ice Cream (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy Free)
- Double Chocolate Macadamia Ice Cream
- Pistachio Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- How to Make Iced Latte
- Cold Brew Iced Tea with Lemon and Mint
- Easy Lemonade Recipe with Honey