This paleo banana bread smoothie has all the flavors of my favorite banana bread. It's a great quick breakfast or snack — perfect when you're craving something sweet and creamy. And with just four ingredients, it has no dairy or added sugar.
For this smoothie, I used homemade cashew milk. But you could always substitute your favorite milk in this recipe. The essential ingredients are frozen bananas, almond butter, and fresh ground nutmeg. I always keep bananas in the freezer for making smoothies or banana ice cream. They add a milkshake-like texture to the smoothie.
This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you choose to make a purchase I may be compensated at no additional cost to you).
The almond butter adds a little nuttiness, and the nutmeg brings out the banana flavor. Just grate a little bit of whole nutmeg into the smoothie before blending. And enjoy a quick and easy banana bread smoothie any time.
More smoothie recipes
- How to Make a Smoothie: The Beginner's Guide to Easy Healthy Smoothies
- 24 Quick Keto Smoothies to Kickstart Your Day
- 10 Easy Paleo Smoothie Recipes
More banana recipes to try
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Easy Paleo Banana Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Banana Muffin
- Paleo Banana Blackberry Muffins
- Paleo Banana Bread
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 frozen bananas sliced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- collagen peptides (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until sooth.
- Garnish with fresh nutmeg.
I am allergic to cashews, would you be able to use coconut or almond milk in place of the cashew milk?
Taylor, I would try almond milk. I think that would be good with it. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!
This was the best smoothie I have ever had! I used cashew butter (addicted!) instead of almond butter. Holy cow. I don't know why anyone would want to buy a smoothie when they can make this!