This simple coconut flour brownies recipe is a deliciously easy and healthy alternative to traditional brownies. It's made with 100% cacao dark chocolate, coconut flour, coconut oil, and coconut sugar for a rich decadent flavor without the guilt — a great recipe for satisfying your chocolate cravings!
I've had a few requests for grain-free, nut-free brownies, and these rich, fudgy brownies are an easy one-bowl version.
This post contains affiliate links. For more info please read my full disclosure statement here.
They also happen to be fairly low carb and one of my favorite healthy brownie recipes. You can make them keto diet friendly by substituting a 1:1 granulated keto sweetener, like this monk fruit and allulose blend.
Here's what you'll need
This recipe is quick and easy to put together with just a few simple ingredients. Here's what you'll need to make them:
- Baking chocolate - unlike my almond butter brownie recipe, which uses cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, this one uses a bar of 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate.
- Coconut oil - this replaces the butter in this recipe and keeps the brownies moist.
- Coconut sugar - is used in place of regular sugar (no refined white sugar or brown sugar here). Coconut sugar has a mild caramel flavor that works well with chocolate.
- Vanilla extract - rounds out the chocolate flavor.
- Eggs - provide the structure for the brownies.
- Sea salt - to bring out the sweetness.
- Espresso powder - this secret ingredient is the perfect complement to chocolate and brings the chocolatey flavor.
- Coconut flour - this recipe takes just a little coconut flour because it is so much more absorbent than almond flour or traditional wheat flour. So don't substitute all purpose flour here!
How to make them
Simply melt the chocolate in the bowl with the coconut oil, and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Use a large heat-proof glass bowl to melt the chocolate, it works equally well over a pot of simmering water or in the microwave. Either way, make sure you keep an eye on it so the chocolate doesn't burn.
Let the melted chocolate cool a little so it doesn't cook the eggs. Then whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients, including the sugar. Sift in the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until combined.
Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan (either greased or lined with parchment paper) and bake until just under done so they stay fudgy.
Want to take your brownies up a notch? You can always add dark chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans, coconut flakes or top them with coffee ice cream.
These one-bowl coconut flour brownies are completely decadent but are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free. And your new favorite quick and easy chocolate fix.
More gluten free chocolate desserts
- 30 Delicious Keto Dessert Recipes
- Easy Paleo Brownies
- 10 Chocolate Recipes Made with Cacao Powder
- Easy Chocolate Pots de Creme You Can Make In The Blender
- Mexican Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Fudgy Coconut Flour Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt together chocolate and coconut oil in large bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water on low heat, or in microwave stirring every 10 - 15 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk in coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, salt and espresso powder. Sift coconut flour into chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Spread in prepare pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.