Cool down with this frozen strawberry mojito smoothie made with berries, citrus, and fresh herbs.
Healthy smoothies are a great way to beat the heat. And this paleo strawberry mojito smoothie is icy, refreshing and not too sweet. It's a great alternative to your typical frozen drink made with a packaged mix that's full of high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavorings.
I took the flavors from a traditional mojito recipe—fresh lime and mint—and added them to a frozen strawberry smoothie. The ingredients are just strawberries, lime, mint and a touch of honey for a little extra natural sweetness. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Too take it up a notch, you can try one of these optional add ins. Add a handful of spinach to make it a green smoothie, or add some collagen protein powder to make it more of a protein shake. Adding a boost of leafy green vegetables and protein to your smoothie makes it a quick and easy breakfast.
However you make this strawberry mojito smoothie, it's a perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day.
More paleo smoothie recipes
Strawberry Mojito Smoothie
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1-2 cups filtered water divided
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves to taste
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey to taste
- Add lime juice, lime zest, 1 cup water, frozen strawberries, mint leaves, and honey to high-power blender in order listed and blend on high (or smoothie setting) until smooth.
- Add additional water if needed to thin.