A paleo sweet potato casserole with pecan crumble topping that's gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and perfect for Thanksgiving and all your holiday feasts. It's so simple and easy to make!
Paleo sweet potato casserole
This gluten-free sweet potato casserole recipe is filled with warm holiday spices. And topped with a pecan crumble. It's sweetened with just a touch of honey, not a marshmallow in sight with this healthy sweet potato casserole.
And the best part about this casserole is it's a crowd pleaser! Everyone loves this sweet potato casserole whether they are paleo or not. I serve it every year for Thanksgiving and it's always one of the first dishes to go.
I'm all for keeping it simple when you're cooking a big holiday meal. With this easy casserole, both the filling and the crumble topping are made in the food processor so it comes together quickly. Just like the rest of these easy paleo Thanksgiving side dishes.
You can even cook the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker instead of roasting them in the oven. Pro tip: cook them the day before to make your Thanksgiving day prep easier.
The next day just peel the sweet potatoes and follow the rest of the instructions to make the pecan topping and bake the casserole. It's so quick and easy to put together it's one of the easiest paleo casseroles to make.
This simple paleo sweet potato casserole recipe is gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free. A healthy not-too-sweet side dish that goes perfectly with your Thanksgiving turkey dinner.
How to make sweet potato casserole with pecan crumble
Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Roast sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for one hour, or until very soft. Cool and peel.
- Add topping ingredients to food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with pieces of chopped pecans. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Add peeled sweet potatoes and filling ingredients to food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pour filling into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until topping is browned and filling is cooked though.
More paleo Thanksgiving recipes
More classic Thanksgiving recipes made paleo and gluten-free.