Here’s one last chocolate treat for Valentine’s Day — chocolate chip muffins. I like to eat them warm out of the oven while the chocolate chips are still gooey. These muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I even have them for dessert sometimes. They are quick and easy to make, and they’re gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free.
Bake some now, and freeze some for the next time you need a chocolate treat. Then just put them in a cold oven and set it to low to thaw and reheat. There’s nothing like warm chocolate chip muffins.
- 225 grams almond flour (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, the stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Links: Gluten-Free Wednesdays