With fresh basil pesto, homegrown zucchini and tomatoes, this easy zucchini pasta pesto recipe is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
The basil is still going strong in my garden. I had more than enough left to make another batch of pesto with grilled garlic. And fresh basil pesto goes so well with homegrown zucchini and tomatoes. This quick and easy zucchini pasta pesto is gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfect for summer.
The key to this recipe is making sure you take the time to drain the zucchini noodles. I skip this step for some recipes, but for this dish it’s important to drain the zucchini before tossing it with the pesto. This keeps your pesto sauce from getting to watery. Spiralize the zucchini pasta first and let it drain while you make the pesto. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
This zucchini pasta pesto it great on its own, but you can always top it with grilled chicken, shrimp, or your favorite protein. Pretty much anything would taste good with fresh basil and roasted garlic.
More paleo spiralizer recipes:
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Zucchini Pasta
- Crock Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce with Zucchini Noodles
- 10 Easy Zucchini Pasta and Veggie Noodle Recipes
- Spiralize or julienne the zucchini to make zucchini noodles. Lightly salt and drain zucchini in a colander for 20 minutes to remove excess liquid.
- Toss zucchini noodles and tomatoes with pesto until well combined. Garnish with fresh basil.