I always keep frozen shrimp in the freezer. It thaws in a few minutes and there are so many quick and easy shrimp recipes you can make with just a few pantry ingredients. One of the easiest is this roasted shrimp cocktail. A few minutes in the oven and you have perfectly cooked shrimp.
This recipe is so quick to put together. You can thaw the shrimp in a bowl of cold water while the oven preheats. I like to use uncooked shrimp that is already deveined. And I'll buy either shell-on or shell-off, depending on what I can find. It's easy to peel the shrimp once it's thawed.
The paleo cocktail sauce recipe has only five ingredients, and you can stir it together while the shrimp cooks. The great thing about making your own cocktail sauce is that you can control what's in it. Unlike traditional cocktail sauce recipes that are made with ketchup, this easy paleo cocktail sauce is completely sugar-free.
Easy paleo shrimp cocktail is a quick appetizer that's perfect for entertaining.
Easy Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined, and thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Paleo Cocktail Sauce for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt and pepper and spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, turning once, until shrimp is pink and just cooked through (about 5-10 minutes, depending on size of shrimp).
- Serve chilled with paleo cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
Finally my search is over. I love shrimp cocktail and you have also included a paleo shrimp cocktail sauce. This is a great recipe for when having friends over for dinner, you can start with a shrimp cocktail but also get them to try it paleo style too.
Madison @ Keto Diet
Really looks delicious! This is so nice in picka party too. I love this so much!