Roasted garlic baba ganoush is an easy dip recipe that is paleo, keto, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It's perfect for snacking or as an appetizer.
This easy baba ganoush is one of my favorite dips---it's like hummus but made with roasted eggplant instead of chickpeas.
I swap out the traditional pita bread and serve it with sliced cucumber rounds and red pepper slices as dippers as an appetizer. But I also love this roasted garlic baba ganoush with grilled chicken and roasted veggies for an easy dinner.
This post includes affiliate links to recommended products. You can read my full disclosure here.
Baba ganoush recipe
The traditional baba ganoush ingredients are eggplant, tahini, garlic, and lemon. This is another recipe that is paleo, low carb, and keto-friendly without modification. The only change I made was to roast the garlic. I prefer the sweeter, milder flavor of the roasted garlic in this recipe.
This recipe is super easy. It just takes a little planning ahead to roast the eggplant and garlic. You can even roast the eggplant and garlic on the grill.
Just roast the vegetables at least an hour before you want to make the dip. A little earlier is even better. That way you can let the eggplant and garlic cool before peeling them. I usually peel the eggplant right into the food processor and squeeze the garlic and lemon straight in as well.
I have to admit I don't usually measure when making baba ganoush. It's very forgiving and tasting the puree will let you know if you have the seasonings correct. You're just looking for a good balance of all the flavors.
More paleo keto appetizers
ROASTED GARLIC BABA GANOUSH
- Preheat oven or grill to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic. Place on a sheet of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap tightly in foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet with the eggplants.
- Roast the vegetables for about 45 minutes, until the eggplants are collapsed and the garlic is completely soft.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and place in a colander to cool and drain. Open the garlic packet to cool.
- Peel the eggplants and squeeze the flesh from the garlic head. Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings.