This cilantro lime grilled chicken with avocado mango salsa is super easy with just a few minutes of prep time. Just toss it on the grill and stir together the salsa and dinner is done. Perfect for busy weeknights!
I first made this easy weeknight grilled chicken and mango avocado salsa to take advantage of the warm sunny days to cook outside. It's perfect for grilling and eating out on the deck.
This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you choose to make a purchase I may be compensated at no additional cost to you).
Cilantro lime grilled chicken and salsa
Lime and cilantro is a classic flavor combination for the chicken marinade. And the same ingredients are used in the salsa to tie it together.
I love the sweetness of the mangoes with the jalapeno and cilantro in this salsa. Mangoes and avocados are a wonderful combination, and this tropical salsa is a nice change from the usual guacamole.
Using boneless chicken breasts makes this chicken recipe really quick to put together. Boneless chicken breasts are actually easy to cook on the grill. The key to keeping the chicken juicy is not overcooking it.
Always use a meat thermometer to make sure you don't overcook the chicken breast! Pull the chicken off the grill just before it's done and let it rest. Carryover cooking will finish the chicken (it's done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
This cilantro lime grilled chicken with avocado and mango salsa is paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and Whole30-friendly. It's a perfect taste of summer.
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with Avocado Mango Salsa
- Zest and juice one lime into large bowl for marinade. Zest and juice second lime into medium bowl for salsa. Add half of chopped jalapeno, half of chopped onion and half of chopped cilantro to each bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the large bowl for the marinade and whisk together. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add mango, avocado, cilantro, and salt to bowl for salsa. Toss and set aside.
- Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, on a pre-heated grill over medium heat. Remove from grill and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa.
More easy chicken recipes
- Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
- Easy Italian Dressing Grilled Chicken
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs (Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- Crockpot Whole Chicken (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- Chili Roasted Chicken Thighs (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)