For this grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce, the chimichurri doubles as the marinade and the sauce. It's a quick and easy weeknight meal you can throw on the grill. And it's gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
This grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce was a huge hit in my house. My husband already requested it again. The chimichurri sauce is made with fresh herbs, garlic and lemon. It doubles as both the marinade and the topping for the chicken thighs, making this an easy weeknight recipe.
Chicken thighs are perfect for grilling. They stay juicy and cook quickly. Marinate the chicken thighs in a little bit of the chimichurri sauce for at least half an hour before grilling. You can even make the sauce the day before, and marinate the chicken thighs overnight.
Save the rest of the chimichurri to top the chicken thighs once they come off the grill. If you have leftover chimichurri sauce, it's great on so many things from vegetables to shrimp skewers.
Serve a tomato cucumber salad alongside this grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce for a simple paleo summer meal. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, you can read my full disclosure statement here.
More Grilling Recipes
- 101 Ultimate Paleo Grilling Recipes for Easy Summer Meals
- Roasted Garlic on the Grill
- Easy Italian Dressing Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Chicken with Avocado Mango Salsa
- Grilled Pork Chops and Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
- Coat the chicken in ⅓ cup of chimichurri sauce, and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill and grill chicken, skin side down for 6 - 8 minutes. Turn chicken over and grill 4 - 5 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with additional chimichurri sauce.