This garlic roasted shrimp with zucchini pasta is a quick and easy paleo recipe. It’s a great weeknight dinner — you can have it on the table in 20 minutes. I always keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer for quick dinners. If your shrimp are frozen, put them in a bowl of cold water to thaw when you preheat the oven. By the time you get the rest of the sauce ingredients into the baking dish, the shrimp should be thawed. If there is a little bit of ice left on the shrimp, just rinse under cold water for a minute and you should be good to go.
Zucchini is a great gluten-free, grain-free pasta alternative. Here’s a link to how to make the zucchini pasta. You can make it while the shrimp are in the oven. I like the zucchini pasta just tossed in the hot sauce with the shrimp. But if you want it a little softer, remove the shrimp from the sauce when done and set them on a plate covered with foil to keep warm. Then toss the zucchini pasta in the sauce in the baking dish and put it back in the oven for a few minutes to soften the zucchini.
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or sliced into thin strips for zucchini pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except zucchini pasta in baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through.
- Add the zucchini pasta, toss and serve.