This recipe is incredibly simple and one of my go-to meals when I don’t have time to cook. I can get this mustard crusted salmon with roasted asparagus on the table in 15 minutes using only one pan. It’s faster than ordering take out. Make a salad with a quick vinaigrette while the fish is in the oven and you’ve got a quick and easy gluten-free, paleo dinner.
The key to this recipe is using great fresh ingredients and a good quality mustard. I like a whole grain mustard with a little bit of crunch. Honey mustard would work as well — salmon is always good with a little bit of sweetness. Just make sure it’s a mustard that you like the taste of on its own. With only two ingredients, the flavor of the mustard will really come through in the finished dish.
You won’t believe how fast and easy this mustard crusted salmon with roasted asparagus recipe is. You just put the salmon on one end of the baking sheet and the asparagus on the other end. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the salmon with your favorite mustard and pop it in the oven. Dinner is ready when the fish is cooked through and the asparagus starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard, to taste
- lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon on one end of baking sheet and asparagus on the other end. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread mustard on top of salmon.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and asparagus starts to caramelize but is still crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with lemon.