This is a wonderful summer dessert. I make it with all different kinds of fruit, but this paleo peach blueberry crisp is my favorite combination. Fresh summer peaches and blueberries make the filling naturally sweet. And the combination of pecans and coconut oil in the crumb crust tastes buttery to me — without adding any butter or ghee. This crisp is completely dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free.
I don’t add anything at all to the filling for this recipe. I like the pure unadulterated fruit baked until it’s soft and bubbling. The sweetness, and the amount of juice, depends on the ripeness of your fruit. It turns out a little bit different every time, but it’s best with perfectly ripe summer berries and peaches.
Serve this paleo peach blueberry crisp with whipped coconut cream or ice cream for dessert. Or serve it for breakfast — the leftovers are perfect paired with a frittata.
- 4 large peaches, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 150 grams almond flour (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pie plate.
- Layer peaches and blueberries in pie plate.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over fruit.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden brown. If topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.