This is my favorite easy guacamole recipe. I learned how to make it on a trip to Mexico years ago. I love the simplicity – with just four ingredients, the flavors of the avocado and lime really shine through. I've tried many others, but I always come back to this simple recipe.
I've taken this guacamole to many parties and it always disappears quickly. I like to serve with fresh vegetables — cucumber slices, carrot sticks, red, yellow and orange pepper wedges, or endive leaves.
The key to this recipe is making sure you have enough lime juice and salt to give it a nice bright flavor. Since avocados vary in size, always taste and adjust the seasonings before serving.
Easy Guacamole Recipe Video
If you need to store the guacamole, here on some tips on preventing it from turning brown (although I recommend eating the same day).
I often serve guacamole as a topping instead of dip. This guacamole is good on everything – grilled meat, rotisserie chicken, or fish tacos in lettuce wraps – the possibilities are endless.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
- 2 Haas avocados
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- diced jalepeno to taste, optional
- Peel and pit the avocados and add to medium bowl or molcajete.
- Add onion, lime juice, salt, and jalepeno if using. Mash until ingredients are combined and guacamole is desired consistency.
- Taste and add more lime juice and salt if needed.