An easy 3-ingredient crock pot applesauce with no added sugar. This easy slow cooker recipe is perfect for fall!
Healthy applesauce with no sugar
Here's another easy slow cooker recipe for fall. The apples and cinnamon cook all day, filling the house with the aroma of apple pie. It's a warm and cozy treat for crisp autumn days. And homemade applesauce taste so much better than store bought!
Making it in the slow cooker makes this recipe super simple. Just add three ingredients to the crock pot---all of them paleo, vegan, and Whole30-compliant---and let it cook low and slow until you have a perfectly sweet cinnamon applesauce. This homemade applesauce recipe is so good---and so much easier than baking an apple pie. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Please read my disclosure for more info.
The key to this healthy crock pot applesauce recipe is picking apples that are sweet enough that you don't need to add any sugar. My local farm market had several varieties of apples to choose from. For this batch, I used an early variety called Paula Red, but you can use any sweet apple recommended for applesauce.
How to make applesauce in a slow cooker
The recipe couldn't be simpler — coconut oil, peeled cored apples, and a cinnamon stick. Just oil the slow cooker and dump in the apples and cinnamon.
Peeling the apples is the hardest part, and you could probably even skip that and just slice the apples if you wanted to (but in that case I would be sure to use the food processor to puree it after cooking).
The crockpot does all the work and the apples are soft and sweet after cooking all day. Once they're cooked, they are so easy to mash. You can use a potato masher for a slightly chunky applesauce. Or if you like your applesauce smooth, you can puree it with an immersion blender or food processor.
Store the applesauce in individual mason jars for easy serving. It will keep a few days in the fridge or you can freeze it for longer storage.
More easy apple recipes
Love apples? Here are easy healthy versions of a couple of fall favorites. Both are gluten and grain-free.
- Easy Apple Crisp Recipe Without Oats - Think you can't make an apple crisp without rolled oats? This version uses an easy crumb topping made with almond flour and pecans to cover the apple cinnamon filling. So good!
- Almond Flour Apple Muffins - These muffins are a fan favorite for good reason! So quick and easy, they are perfect for Sunday breakfasts or to meal prep for on the go breakfasts during the week.
3-Ingredient Crock Pot Applesauce
- Oil crock pot with coconut oil.
- Core, peel and quarter apples. Add to crock pot with cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours, until soft. Remove cinnamon stick. Mash apples or puree with immersion blender.
More healthy crock pot recipe ideas
Looking for more healthy slow cooker recipes? Check out these 30 paleo crock pot recipes.
What's your favorite slow cooker recipe? Let me know in the comments below!