This easy healthy banana pancakes recipe is a quick breakfast any day of the week. Just 5 ingredients and you can make these gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo pancakes from scratch in minutes!
Pancakes have always been one of my favorite breakfasts, but most days I don't have time to make them from scratch. Before I went gluten and dairy-free, I used to use the box mix to save time. Now, this is my go-to paleo pancake recipe. Just 5 ingredients. Make it in the blender and the batter is ready before your frying pan heats up. It's just as easy as using a mix, and it doesn't contain any of the processed food ingredients.
This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Banana pancakes with coconut flour
The ingredient list for regular pancakes from a packaged pancake mix includes: enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), dextrose, nonfat dry milk, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, wheat gluten, calcium carbonate, corn syrup solids, sodium caseinate, mono and diglycerides, lactic acid.
Not a great way to start the day, to say the least.
Here's the ingredient list for my quick and easy blender pancake recipe is just coconut flour, bananas, eggs, vanilla, and salt. They're just as fast, made from all real food ingredients—no gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, or processed food chemicals—and they even passed the husband test.
The coconut flour gives these banana and egg pancakes the perfect texture. And the touch of vanilla makes them so good you almost don't need toppings. But what are pancakes without a little something extra?
The topping options for these paleo banana pancakes are endless:
- vanilla ghee (this brand is amazing!) and real maple syrup
- almond butter and honey
- fresh berries and coconut whipped cream
- sliced bananas sauteed in ghee for a paleo Bananas Foster version
- mini chocolate chips or melted dark chocolate blended with coconut milk for a quick chocolate syrup
- sliced apples sauteed in ghee and cinnamon for an apple pie version
- fresh peaches and pecans
More Easy Paleo Recipes for Breakfast
- Add bananas, eggs, coconut flour, vanilla, and salt to high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Cook until set and golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook other side until browned. Cook pancakes in batches until remaining batter is used.
- Serve with maple syrup.
And try these healthy breakfast favorites
- 10 Easy Paleo Smoothie Recipes
- 7 Paleo Breakfast Ideas for Busy Mornings
- Paleo Instant Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 30 Easy Whole30 Breakfasts You'll Want To Wake Up For
And if you're looking for keto breakfast ideas, check out these 20 Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas.