This easy healthy banana pancakes recipe is a quick breakfast any day of the week. Just 5 ingredients and you can make these gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo pancakes from scratch in minutes!
Pancakes have always been one of my favorite breakfasts, but most days I don't have time to make them from scratch. Before I went gluten and dairy-free, I used to use the box mix to save time. Now, this is my go-to gluten-free pancake recipe.
Just 5 ingredients. Make it in the blender and the batter is ready before your frying pan heats up. It's just as easy as using a mix, and it doesn't contain any of the processed food ingredients.
This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Banana pancakes with coconut flour
The ingredient list for regular pancakes from a packaged pancake mix includes enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), dextrose, nonfat dry milk, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, wheat gluten, calcium carbonate, corn syrup solids, sodium caseinate, mono and diglycerides, lactic acid.
Not a great way to start the day, to say the least.
Ingredients for these paleo banana pancakes
Here's the simple ingredient list for my quick and easy blender pancake batter.
- coconut flour - this gluten-free flour helps give the pancakes structure
- ripe bananas - for flavor and sweetness
- eggs - use large eggs for the best texture
- vanilla - always real vanilla extract
- sea salt - helps bring out the natural sweetness
You'll also need coconut oil or ghee for frying and whatever toppings you like on pancakes.
How to make them
- Start by adding the bananas, eggs, coconut flour, vanilla, and sea salt to a high-power blender and blend on the batter setting until smooth. No bowl needed!
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron griddle over low to medium heat. Add the coconut oil to the pan and swirl until it melts.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until it is set and golden brown on the bottom. Flip it and cook the other side until browned. Cook pancakes in batches until all of the remaining batter is used.
- Serve with your toppings of choice.
Pro tip: Making small pancakes and using a large spatula makes them much easier to flip!
They're just as fast as traditional pancake mix but made from all real food ingredients—no gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, or processed food chemicals. And they even passed the husband test!
The coconut flour gives these banana and egg pancakes the perfect texture. And the touch of vanilla makes them so good you almost don't need toppings. But what are pancakes without a little something extra?
The topping options for these paleo banana pancakes are endless:
- vanilla ghee (this brand is amazing!) and real maple syrup
- almond butter and honey or fruit preserves for a PB & J flavor
- fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and coconut whipped cream
- sliced bananas sauteed in ghee for a paleo Bananas Foster version
- mini chocolate chips or melted dark chocolate blended with coconut milk for a quick chocolate syrup (also a tasty combo with fresh berries)
- sliced apples sauteed in ghee and cinnamon for an apple pie version
- fresh peaches and pecans for a Southern-inspired version
- butter-flavored coconut oil and local raw honey
I could go on and on, but you get the idea. There's a pancake flavor option for every day of the week! Serve them with Whole30-friendly bacon or these simple homemade breakfast sausage patties.
And try these paleo breakfast favorites
Looking for more easy healthy breakfast recipes? Here's enough for a month of different morning meals so you'll never get bored.
- 10 Easy Paleo Smoothie Recipes
- 7 Paleo Breakfast Ideas for Busy Mornings
- Paleo Instant Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 30 Easy Whole30 Breakfasts You'll Want To Wake Up For
And if you're looking for keto breakfast ideas, check out these 20 Easy Keto Breakfast Ideas.
- 2 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil for frying
- pure maple syrup for serving
- Add bananas, eggs, coconut flour, vanilla, and salt to high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Melt coconut oil in large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Cook until set and golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook other side until browned. Cook pancakes in batches until remaining batter is used.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Love the flavours going on here and this would be perfect for breakfast!
Love this fresh seasonal recipe – so flavorful!
Is the nutrition facts including the maple syrup or just the pancakes. Fairly certain it is just the pancakes but just checking in. Love LOVE this recipe. My husband eats it EVERYDAY😁🔥💯
Hi Rachael, the nutrition info is just for the pancakes. So glad you love the recipe!