I love homemade granola. I'm always experimenting with different flavors. Today I had some unsweetened dried organic blueberries, and I thought they would be wonderful with pecans and maple syrup. So here's my latest grain free granola recipe—blueberry pecan paleo granola.
This granola is hard to resist. I had to put it away in the cupboard so I would stop snacking on it. The maple syrup makes it extra crunchy, and I love the hint of buttery flavor from the ghee. Of course, if you want a completely dairy-free granola, you can always substitute coconut oil for the ghee.
This blueberry pecan paleo granola is super-fast—and it's gluten-free and grain-free. Try it for breakfast or as a grab-and-go snack any time of the day. Or with homemade cashew milk for breakfast.
Blueberry Pecan Paleo Granola
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut and salt in large bowl.
- Combine ghee or coconut oil with maple syrup. Stir into nut mixture until well combined.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 12 - 15 minutes, until just lightly browned.
- Add the dried blueberries and toss to combine. Cool completely before serving.