These Honey Chipotle Meatballs from The Paleo Cupboard Cookbook make the perfect appetizer for entertaining.
In her debut cookbook, author and food blogger Amy Densmore puts the focus on flavor. From kitchen and cooking tips to an entire section dedicated to “Understanding Flavor,” Amy shows how to easily combine ingredients to suit your taste. With over 145 gluten-free recipes, this cookbook offers family favorites, meal plans, snack ideas, and DIY paleo basics.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my disclosure for more info.
The Paleo Cupboard Cookbook is a creative starting point for both first-time and experienced paleo cooks. Recipes include everything from Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles to Cajun Shrimp and Grits, Creamy Chocolate Mousse, and Paleo Tortillas.
The first recipe I tried from the book was Moroccan Chicken. It was quick, easy, and really delivered on flavor—all using ingredients I already had in my pantry. My husband loved it, and this chicken recipe is on our list to make again.
Amy’s Honey Chipotle Meatballs make the perfect appetizer and also pair well with her recipe for zucchini noodles and seasoned cauliflower. If you love a little spice to your dish, she recommends adding more chipotle powder and dry mustard to give your meatballs a kick. These meatballs are a definite crowd pleaser and only take 25 minutes to cook.
When selecting your meat, be sure to look for organic grass-fed beef. I find the easiest way to buy paleo-friendly meats is with ButcherBox. You can get grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork, and wild-caught salmon delivered right to your door. It's so much easier and their meat is delicious! Get your first delivery here!
MORE PALEO BEEF RECIPES
- Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe (Paleo, Gluten Free, Whole30)
- Slow Cooker Sesame Beef Recipe (Keto & Paleo)
- Marinated Skirt Steak with Cilantro-Lime Ghee
- Chipotle Barbacoa
- 20 Easy Keto Ground Beef Recipes
Honey Chipotle Meatballs | The Paleo Cupboard Cookbook
For the meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the meatballs: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the ground beef and pork, onion, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper with your hands until just combined. Form the mixture into meatballs 1½ inches in diameter.
- Melt the ghee in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce: Place all of the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk to combine. Bring just to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Taste and add additional chipotle powder or dry mustard if desired.
- Once the meatballs are done cooking, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped green onion, if desired, and serve.
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from The Paleo Cupboard Cookbook by Amy Densmore (Victory Belt Publishing Inc.).