Decadent paleo chocolate orange pots de crème with just 5 ingredients. Make it in the blender in 5 minutes!
This pots de crème is amazing—rich and chocolaty with a hint of orange. And with just 5 minutes of hands-on time and 5 simple ingredients, it's perfect for a special occasion. A dessert that that will impress your guests, but is quick and easy to make ahead.
There's something special about the combination of orange, honey, and chocolate. And using unsweetened chocolate let's you control the sweetness and avoid refined sugar. Just add your own honey for sweetener—orange blossom honey would complement the orange flavor nicely.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
For the chocolate, use a good quality unsweetened 100% cacao chocolate bar. You can chop the chocolate, or if you're like me and you want to wash as few dishes as possible, use a thin bar of unsweetened chocolate. That way you can just break it into small pieces and drop it in the blender.
I use a culinary orange essential oil to get the orange zest flavor and keep the pots de crème perfectly smooth. Not all essential oils are edible. Look for citrus essential oils made by cold pressing the skins. They should be labeled for culinary use.
For coconut milk, the ingredients should be just coconut and water. NO guar gum or other stabilizers or thickeners. Also look for organic and BPA-free packaging. You can also use it to make whipped coconut cream to top the pots de crème and make them even more decadent.
More easy paleo chocolate desserts
Chocolate Orange Pots de Crème
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 drops culinary orange oil or orange extract, to taste
- 4 ounces 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add eggs, honey, orange essential oil, and chocolate to high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat coconut milk until very hot (do not boil).
- With blender running on low, slowly and carefully pour hot coconut milk into blender. Blend until chocolate is completely melted, and mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour into serving cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Leave a Reply