I love raspberries. Actually berries of any kind. My favorite way to eat them is fresh, right out of the basket --- with breakfast, as a snack, or as a simple dessert. It’s no surprise that I always have berries in the refrigerator. So I was thrilled to partner with Whole Foods Market and Driscoll's to bring you this quick and healthy recipe.
Turkey and raspberry salad with walnut vinaigrette is a nice change from all the heavy dishes this time of year. And a great way to use leftover turkey. Fresh raspberries make a perfect addition to this salad, and pair nicely with the walnuts and avocado.
I like this salad for lunch or a light dinner. It’s so quick and easy to put together.
Turkey, Avocado & Raspberry Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces cooked turkey chopped
- 1 head Boston Bibb or butter lettuce torn
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 ounces organic raspberries
- Add walnut oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
- Combine lettuce, turkey, and avocado in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly. Top with walnuts and raspberries.
- Serve with remaining dressing.