These gluten-free blueberry paleo muffins are one of my favorite breakfasts. They fill the kitchen with the smell of blueberries, almonds, lemon and honey. There’s nothing better than a warm homemade blueberry muffin and a cappuccino on a sunny morning.
I use almond flour for these muffins just because I like the flavor of almonds with the blueberries. It’s important to use a very finely ground blanched almond flour to get the delicate flavor and texture of traditional blueberry muffins. I don’t think almond meal or course ground almond flour would work well for this recipe.
Like most almond flour baked goods, these blueberry paleo muffins are best eaten the same day they are made. I like them warm right out of the oven. If you’re not going to eat them all right away, put them in the freezer. They can be reheated in the oven or toaster oven. Put the frozen muffins in a cold oven, and set the oven to 300 degrees. The muffins should be thawed and warmed through in 15-20 minutes.
- 200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then fold in blueberries.
- Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.