I made this grilled chicken with avocado and mango salsa on the first warm sunny day we had this year. It was perfect for grilling and eating out on the deck.
I love the sweetness of the mangoes with the jalapeno and cilantro in this salsa. Mangoes and avocados are a wonderful combination, and this tropical salsa is a nice change from the usual guacamole. Using boneless chicken breasts makes this chicken recipe really quick to put together. The key to keeping the chicken juicy is not overcooking it. Pull the chicken off the grill just before it’s done and let it rest. Carry over cooking will finish the chicken.
This paleo grilled chicken with avocado and mango salsa is gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free. It’s a perfect taste of summer.
- 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Zest and juice one lime into large bowl for marinade. Zest and juice second lime into medium bowl for salsa. Add half of chopped jalapeno and half of chopped onion to each bowl.
- Add mango, avocado, cilantro, and salt to bowl for salsa. Toss and set aside.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to bowl with marinade and whisk. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side, until it reaches 155 degrees on a quick-read thermometer. Remove from grill and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa.