Somehow we ended up with five avocados in the house today. What do you do when you have extra avocados? Make chocolate mousse! This Mexican chocolate avocado mousse is creamy and decadent, with a hint of cinnamon and a little bit of heat. It’s an easy dessert that’s gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
Chocolate mousse is usually made with eggs, cream or butter. Here, avocados and coconut milk stand in for the traditional ingredients. And raw cacao powder is used for the chocolate. One of the benefits of this recipe is you don’t have to whip egg whites or melt chocolate. Just throw everything in the food processor and you’re good to go.
Depending on the size and ripeness of your avocados, you may need to adjust some of the ingredients. Just make sure to taste the mousse once you blend it. If it’s too thick, add a little more coconut milk. Adjust the honey, cinnamon and ancho chile powder to your liking. However you make it, this Mexican chocolate avocado mousse is a quick treat.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup local raw honey, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Chill to set.