Everyone loves deviled eggs---they're a classic appetizer and so easy to make. Here's a simple recipe for deviled eggs without mayo that you can whip up any time for a quick snack. And it's keto, paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Deviled eggs are so versatile. When you make them, it's easy to create several variations at one time. This simple recipe is a perfect base for all kinds of different flavors. I use bacon and chives, roasted red peppers and olives, and every combination in between. The results are pretty and tasty.
Deviled egg recipe with bacon
The toppings are the star of this recipe, but of course, bacon and eggs are a natural combination. And I love the brininess of the olives with the little bit of sweetness from the roasted red peppers. Different herbs and pickled vegetables would work well with the eggs too. You can always change up the toppings with your favorite flavors, but it's hard to beat bacon deviled eggs.
This post includes affiliate links. For more info, please read my disclosure here.
How to make deviled eggs without mayo
You may notice that there is no mayonnaise in this recipe. I didn't have enough avocado oil to make a batch of homemade paleo mayo, so I used a little bit of everything that goes in mayonnaise — mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. I also added a little bit of garlic infused olive oil, but a little herb-flavored olive oil would be good as well.
The whole grain mustard adds a nice tanginess and a little bit of crunch. If you have some good quality mayo on hand, you can always make your deviled eggs the traditional way and add the toppings.
Since I usually keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge (they're so easy to make in the Instant Pot), these devils come together in just a few minutes. Perfect when you need a low-carb, keto or Whole30 friendly snack.
Just mix the egg yolks and filling ingredients together and spoon or pipe the filling into the egg white halves. Once they're filled, pile on your favorite toppings. You can even create a deviled egg bar with all the salty and crunchy toppings and let everyone add their own favorite toppings. I would make extra Whole30-approved bacon because it's sure to go fast. 🙂
This easy no mayo deviled egg recipe is also perfect to throw together for a simple appetizer. The toppings are limited only by your imagination.
More easy egg recipes
- Sausage and Butternut Squash Frittata
- Bacon & Olive Quiche Recipe
- Easy Mushroom Sausage Frittata Recipe
Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Place egg whites on serving tray and add egg yolks to mixing bowl.
- Add mustard, olive oils, lemon juice, salt and pepper to egg yolks. Mash with fork until creamy. If needed, add water to thin, one teaspoon at a time. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture and top generously with desired toppings.
What's your favorite topping for deviled eggs? Share in the comments below!
I found this post at AllTop. @Lisa, thank you for this great recipe you shared. I'm gonna try this at home.
Madison @ Keto Diet
Wow! Very pleasant presentation of this dish, Looks so yummy and surely tasty!