The flavors of summer come together in this fresh peach basil salsa.
This recipe is pure summer — fresh peaches from the farmers' market and basil straight from my herb garden.
I have to admit when I started out to make this recipe I was going to add jalapenos to it. But I didn't have any. So I made it without and I really liked the delicate flavor of the peaches and basil. I used just a hint of onion so it wouldn't overpower the salsa.
I'm a huge fan of fish and fruit. And this fresh peach basil salsa recipe is perfect for seafood. Try it with your favorite grilled fish. Or with grilled chicken or pork. And savor the taste of summer.
Fresh Peach Basil Salsa
- 1 teaspoon minced sweet onion
- juice of ½ a lime
- sea salt to taste
- 2 large fresh peaches
- chopped fresh basil to taste
- Combine the onion, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Peel, pit, and dice peaches.
- Add peaches and basil to onion mixture and toss lightly. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Want more fresh summer peach recipe ideas? Here are 5 paleo peach recipes to make now.